Many genealogy pay-for sites offer free trials. Here are a few pieces of advice:
- Get the free trial when you will actually have time to use it
- Keep track of the credit card used to “hold” the free trial
- They will bill you if you do not contact them and have them cancel
- Mark your calendar for 2 days before it expires. That is the day you decide.
- If the expire date falls on a Sunday or Saturday, always plan to call on at least the Friday before that date, preferably on Thursday.
Of course, if you aren’t going to cancel, then it is not a problem.