US Military Service Records World War I and After

United States military records from World War I to the present are at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. The Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) can be requested for veterans who saw active military service.The OMPF becomes archival 62 years after the veteran’s discharge and are open to the public. Non-archival files are available to the veteran, and if deceased, certain relatives of the veteran.

Learn more about accessing these records on the National Personnel Records Center website.