From a while back…
We’ve made a list of some assumptions that genealogists make. Here are a few. We will add your suggestions to a longer list which we’ll post later.
- The county history was right.
- That my grandparents actually got married.
- That my grandma was my grandpa’s first wife.
- That my relative was an immigrant.
- That my relative was born in the United States.
- That the entire death certificate was right.
- That grandma had a tombstone.
- That my grandparents were buried next to each other.
- That no one in my family got divorced.
- That the old genealogy was right–I just haven’t found the proof yet.
- That my family was never in court.
- That my family never appeared in the newspaper.
Add your own thoughts in the comments. Thanks!