11 September 2015-Friday–11 am Central Time.
More on the Probate Materials on Ancestry.com
My webinar on the probate materials on Ancestry.com was a great success. Now that I’ve had time to get into the materials more deeply and have had questions from attendees, viewers, and blog readers, I’m ready to continue our discussion and discovery with “US Probate Materials on Ancestry.com Part II.”
This session will be held on 11 September at 11:00 am. central time. Those who do not attend live can pre-order a recorded copy of the presentation.
Part 2 will cover:
- Searching the unindexed probate materials at Ancestry.com–remember that the index on Ancestry.com only scratches the surface of what is on the site
- Navigating the several search boxes and inventory interfaces
- Making certain you have gotten all the probate references for your person of interest that are on Ancestry.com
- Determining what additional may be on microfilm at FamilySearch and onsite at the courthouse
- Dealing with images that can’t be saved to an individual or to your shoebox
- Comparing Ancestry.com‘s coverage with that on FamilySearch. Ancestry.com does not have all FamilySearch microfilm on their website.
- And more–based upon your questions.
- Discussion will partially be via several examples
- Part II only–live attendance ($8)
- Part II only–pre-order–free download after wards for those who request it ($8)
- Part II —live attendance and purchase Part I download ($16)
- Part II–pre-order and purchase Part I download ($16)
11 September 2015-Friday–2 PM Central Time.
Preserving Past You
In this session, we’ll see ways to preserve your genealogical legacy beyond your own lifetime. We will look at a variety of options, large and small, digital and non-digital, simple and not-so-simple, and more. Prioritizing what to save will be an integral part of this presentation. We will see why preserving is more than a simple clause in your will and ways you can immediately start preserving some of what you have immediately.