Michael has been active in genealogical research for over thirty years and has been leading library trips for twenty years.
This library is one of the largest genealogical libraries in the nation.
Our trip dates are:
24 July-27 July 2022
(three days of library research)
Specific details of our trip:
- 24 July. Arrive in Ft. Wayne. Optional group meal at 5:30 at a to-be-decided location–library is open from noon until 5 pm. for those interested.
- 25 July. Morning presentation (topic to be determined) at 9 am. Library time from 9 am. until library closes at 9 pm.
- 26 July. Morning presentation (topic to be determined) at 9 am. Library time from 9 am. until library closes at 9 pm.
- 27 July. Morning presentation (topic to be determined) at 9 am. Library time from 9 am. until library closes at 9 pm. This is our last day
- assistance with pre-trip planning via a group email list–place to ask questions, get help before we leave, etc.
- on-site consultations with Michael–multiple ones if necessary–I’m usually available for onsite consultations at least six/seven hours every day the library is open
- morning presentations–topics decided based on participant interest
Participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging, meals, etc. This is not a “part of the herd” trip where everyone does everything together every day. We have a short presentation every morning when the library opens at 9 (and occasionally some people choose not to attend one or so of these if there’s a “burning research” issue they just can’t wait to get at). Participants can have multiple research consultations during the trip–our limitation is trying to make certain that everyone gets ample opportunity to ask questions. Our trip atmosphere is laid back.
Our group is kept small (no more than 25) to ensure everyone gets the assistance they want and need. We don’t have a full day of “scheduled group social activities” because I simply am not a big fan of them (other than optional group meals). People with a variety of research skill levels join us on our trip–some because they want some guidance their first time at the library, some want some help with their research, and others want the structure of being part of a group. We are flexible.
Participants are encouraged to communicate their problems with me as much before the trip as possible. Pre-planning helps.
We will follow whatever Covid restrictions the library has in place at the time–if any.
Complete registration is $185. No refunds for cancellations after 15 May 2022–refunds subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
Contact Michael John Neill at email@example.com with questions.