There are many reasons to organize your genealogical data, including:
- noticing clues you did not notice before;
- finding gaps in your research;
- making it easier for you to share your research;
- reducing the number of times you locate something you already have;
- making it easier for you to publish your information (if that’s your goal);
- making it easier for someone to preserve your information after your death;
- making it easier for someone looking at your information to help you; and
- saving money if you hire a professional–they will have to organize it for you before they can help.
Genealogy Search Tip of the Day is proudly sponsored by GenealogyBank. Try their “GenealogyBank Search” and see what discoveries you make.