Partial Newspaper References

Is it possible that your ancestor is listed in a newspaper with an incomplete reference to their name? Adults may be listed as “Mr. Neill,” “Miss Trautvetter,” or “Mrs. Ufkes.” Children sometimes may only be listed with their first name and if they are referenced without their parents, the reference may be difficult to find.