Keep in mind that there are several factors that might have caused your ancestor to move from point A to point B.
- Economic concerns–land opportunities, jobs, etc.
- Politics and political unrest
- Family–others in their family had already moved.
- Acquaintances/friends–people in this group had already moved.
- Religion–your ancestor was a part of a religious group that migrated.
There are other reasons, but consider these and ask yourself if you have really looked into these causes. Doing so may provide the answer to your family history puzzle.