From a while back…
We’ve made a list of some assumptions that genealogists make. Here are a few. We will add your suggestions to a longer list which we’ll post later.
- The county history was right.
- That my grandparents actually got married.
- That my grandma was my grandpa’s first wife.
- That my relative was an immigrant.
- That my relative was born in the United States.
- That the entire death certificate was right.
- That grandma had a tombstone.
- That my grandparents were buried next to each other.
- That no one in my family got divorced.
- That the old genealogy was right–I just haven’t found the proof yet.
- That my family was never in court.
- That my family never appeared in the newspaper.
Add your own thoughts in the comments. Thanks!
Genealogy Tip of the Day book is here. Learn more about it and get your own copy.
If you’d like to get our genealogy tip daily in your email for free, add your address here.