No matter what you celebrate or do between now and the first part of 2023, remember that there is never a better time to record and preserve family memories than the present.
Asking about holiday traditions, typical foods, weather-related challenges, etc. are all good ways to get memories stirred. Consider asking:
- Did anyone attend church during the holidays?
- What food did a certain relative always bring?
- What relative always arrived late?
- What was a favorite gift you received?
- Was there a year weather changed your holiday plans?
- Was there a gift you wanted but never got?
- Was there one person who always cooked the meal?
- Was there one person who always insisted on performing a certain task?
The holidays can also be a good time to work on identifying photographs–even of ones not taken during the holidays.