We’re offering our first ever Beginning Irish Research webinar on 23 October. Register to attend live online or pre-order a downloadable copy of the presentation.
30 October 2020 at 2:00 pm central time–note date change
This session will focus on starting your Irish genealogical research. This session will begin with an overview of the importance of completely researching the Irish immigrant in the United States.
Ireland-specific topics will include:
- Irish civil records–overview and search strategies
- Irish religious records–overview and search strategies
- Irish political jurisdictions, their relationships with each other, and what you need to know
- Overview of record destruction–sorry, it’s a reality
- Overview of Irish names
- Overview of Irish migrations
- Reaching out to others who may be able to help and networking strategies
Intended for those who have not done extensive Irish research.
- Register for this session ($10)–enrollment is limited
- Pre-order a download of this session for distribution after it is held live. ($9) –regular price is $16 after 22 October.
Attendance is via GotoWebinar. The session will be recorded for those who have connection issues or schedule changes. Attendees receive a free download of the presentation after it has been processed. Handout included.