Homesteading Veterans Proved Discharge

If your Civil War veteran applied for a homestead under the United States Homestead Act, he would have to have proved his service. A copy of his discharge would in with the homestead application. If you’re having trouble locating his military or pension records, see what is in his homestead application first.