I have been doing some thinking about my genealogical priorities at this stage of my life. Here’s my personal list:
- Preserve any photos or other paper ephemera that has not already been preserved.
- Identify people in photos as much as possible.
- Document stories I have about any personal family history items (furniture, jewelry, books, recipes, etc.).
- Write down my own stories and personal memories
- Write up “solutions” I have to ancestral problems that have not been written up. Preserve those.
Notice that more research is not on this list.
Your list may vary. But consider making a list and working towards accomplishing those tasks.
Help support Genealogy Tip of the Day by visiting any of the following sites: