It’s difficult to really start your genealogy research over. A researcher cannot erase the memory of what they have done or of what they have discovered. Instead of starting over, it’s best to re-evaluate:
- how did I get these facts that I think are true?
- how accurate are these sources I used?
- did I use multiple sources where possible?
- are there things I could improve about my research process?
- how did others solve similar problems?
- where could I have made a mistake?
- do I have the best copy of the original record?
Making corrections, increasing your knowledge level, re-evaluating what you have done are all great ways to improve the research you’ve done.
Maybe you just need a remodel and not a complete tear down.